Sorry its been so long since I last wrote, however sometimes life just gets in the way.
So its a bank holiday weekend, who’s excited? … I am !! An extra day of work. YES PLEASE !!
So today I thought I would open up about something I don’t often talk about unless its with my closest friends or members of family.
I was diagnosed with severe anxiety when I was around 14/15 years old, (I think, I’m not certain). This is something I deal with day in, day out and some days are definitely worse than others however I have begun to learn and understand what makes me anxious and what can help when I feel like this.
I’m definitely not doing this to get attention, I would just like to share some awareness and find out if other people get anxious about some of the same things I do.
So for those of you who don’t know what anxiety is I have linked a website below that will explain anxiety and panic attacks, including possible causes and how you can access treatment and support.
So what I am going to do is list everything that makes me anxious, there are quite a few but I know when I get half way through I will forget most of them anyway. So I will try my best. Some people may find this interesting but some may not. I just thought I would share my experience with anxiety.
Some people reading this may have experienced some of these, so if you have why don’t you leave a comment and let me know. If there is something not on this list that affects you let me know, I’d love to know.
- Meeting new people
- Crowded places
- Peoples opinions (When they’re different to mine)
- When people look at me
- When people are laughing near by, but I don’t know what they’re laughing about
- Asking questions
- Being told I’m not doing something well
- Shopping (when its not online)
- Learning something new
- Talking on the phone (However weirdly as it is, I do this as a job)
- Working out
- Having to present things to people
- Walking in a room first (this is one that affects me 24/7)
- Asking the price for something
- What people think of me
- My appearance
- Trying to make plans
- Unknown numbers
- Going somewhere new
- Experiencing a panic attack when I’m with people who don’t know about my anxiety
- Thinking I haven’t locked doors or turned something off
- Thinking I look orange when I put foundation on
- Going out for meals
- Not being dressed right for a specific occasion
- Irrational thoughts
- Things not being in the right places
- Forgetting things
- Cancelling plans because of the way i feel at that time
- Being told I’m overacting or being silly (this occurs a lot)
- OVER ANALYZING EVERYTHING !!!!!
- Not having hand sanitizer on me
- Roller coasters/Theme parks/Water parks
- When I’m ill for more than a few days
- When people ask me what I want to do with my life
- Getting my haircut
- No locks on bathroom doors
- Leaving voicemail’s
- Listening back to myself on recordings
- Choosing what to where when going out
- Wearing wintery/black clothing in the summer
So this is just a few things that make me feel anxious. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to leave me a comment.
What I will do soon is write a few more posts about my anxiety, maybe explaining why some of these situations make me anxious and how I deal with it.
I hoped you like this post and I hope that some people can relate to this.
Anyway Thank you for reading!!!
Stay Weird .. xx
Featured image – http://www.calmclinic.com/anxiety/attacks